Jersey Shore Journal

Jersey Shore Journal - Life and Times at the Jersey Shore

Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Nieces were in The Nutcracker !


First Coast Nutcracker with the Jacksonville Symphony



My Nieces were in The Nutcracker !

We had a fabulous trip to Jacksonville Florida to see our nieces in the Nutcracker ballet. We stayed on Amelia Island at my sister’s house @ The Plantation. It was nice to be with my parents & my sis & her husband and my brother, his wife and kids.


My niece Rachel got to play the lead Clara as the other girl had injured her foot. She was a beautiful Clara and is an exquisite dancer. She was perfect for the part! My other niece Liana played one of the Chinese Dolls and also is a great dancer. Liana is a very accomplished Rhythmic Dancer and was born in Belarus. It was exciting to see all the young girls who wanted to meet Clara at the end of the performance and get her autograph! The Jacksonville Symphony was tremendous playing The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies and all my other favorites. Bravo!!


After the performance we walked along The Landing and over to the Modis Building for a lovely dinner at the exclusive River Club. We had a delicious buffet dinner and fabulous desserts with a spectacular view of The St John’s River and Jacksonville.

We were so proud of Rachel and Liana for all their hard work and the great time we had at their performance!

Now we are back home and getting ready for Christmas. Less than 2 weeks away! Hope you are all doing well and feeling well. I had a terrible cold while I was away and am finally feeling better. Decorating done, now time to bake!

Light some candles, put on your favorite Christmas Carols & work away! Count our blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment