Memorial Day Weekend is upon us! Life has been busy at the Jersey Shore. We have opened our pool and we are preparing for a great Memorial Day Pool Party. Menu below!
Temps are supposed to be in the 80s & that’s the temp of the pool too!
We had fun strawberry picking @ Linvilla in Media, PA. Now it's time to try some new
recipes! Any suggestions??
The beaches at the Jersey Shore are beautiful and family friendly! Get your beach tags @ preseason prices!
We remember those who gave all for our country. Thank you to all who have served and are serving! Let Freedom Ring!
The garden is blooming! We solved our carpenter bee problem by painting the bare wood outside shower enclosure.
This weekend should be really crowded at the Jersey Shore with the unofficial kickoff of summer! Have a safe weekend! Don’t forget the sunscreen! Don’t drink and drive! Next weekend is the Ocean City Flower Show at the Music Pier on the Boardwalk and it’s free!
Enjoy!Jennifer aka Gigi
Here is our Memorial Day BBQ Menu
Pulled pork on Kaiser rolls
Hot Dogs and Hamburgers – Tomato slices and red onion
Cole Slaw, Baked Beans, Corn bread
Corn on the cob, Sweet Tea
Butter Cake Strawberry Shortcake
Blueberry Buckle with vanilla ice cream
Combine in Crock Pot
3 T. Brown Sugar
1 c. Chopped Onion
1.5 T. Mexican seasonings (chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper,, garlic powder)
3 T. Worcestershire sauce
3 T. Cider Vinegar
3 T. Molasses
1 t. Dry mustard
1 can tomato paste
s & p
1 - Boneless Pork Loin
1. Salt and pepper pork.
2. Rub with extra brown sugar.
3. Place in crock pot in sauce.
4. Cook on high 1 hour.
5. 7 hours on low.
6. Remove, shred with forks.
Serve with buns
4 Lg. Cans Baked Beans
1 can French fried onion rings
1 c. BBQ Sauce
2 T. Mustard
20 oz. Crushed Pineapple (drained)
1 Onion, 8 slices bacon
1. Sautee chopped onion and 8 slices of bacon
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients.
3. Pour the mixture in casserole dish. Top with onion and bacon.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Mmmm!
6 Large Jersey Tomatoes, chopped
1/4 c. parsley
2 cloves garlic
1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. cider vinegar
½ t. salt
1 T. chopped fresh basil
1. Chop Tomatoes
2. Combine rest of ingredients.
3. Pour over tomatoes.
4. Chill before serving.
1. Cream ¾ c. sugar and ½ c. butter
2. Add 1 egg and ½ milk
3. Add 2 c. flour, ½ tsp. salt, 2 t. baking powder.
4. Fold in 2 c. Jersey blueberries
5. Pour into greased tube pan.
6. Topping: Melt ¼ c. butter. Add ½ c. flour, 1 t. cinnamon.
7. Mix w fork. Cover topping on batter.
8. Bake 350 degrees for 40 min.
9. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Mmmm!
How about red, white and blueberry pancakes? The flag cake looks ez!