Jersey Shore Journal

Jersey Shore Journal - Life and Times at the Jersey Shore

Friday, October 16, 2009

Rainy weekend at the Jersey Shore - Mama Mia's and visiting the grandkids

Greetings! Happy Friday!
I have had a website for about 4 years...then I got on facebook...now I am starting a blog-after my daughter encouraged me. It just took me 15 minutes to figure out how to post, since I also just created a gmail acct, I was a little confused...

Well it's a rainy day at the Jersey Shore and going to be a rainy weekend. My main goal today is to write a review of the FABULOUS new Mama Mia's Restaurant in Egg Harbor Township (484 - 8877).(West Jersey & English Creek Rd) Last week we had a wonderful meal there and I cant wait to tell you all about it. It is the hottest new place, very intimate, (seats about 24)you'll feel like you are in Italy. Make sure to get reservations and my advice-this is not the place for kids. They have a great take out, if you have kids, but make this a night for just you and your sweetie! Mainly bc they dont have a kids menu and it is kinda pricey, but not over the top...and dont forget to dress up to make it an occasion. Owner Joe Massaglia and his staff are so helpful and attentive. Joe fileted the Mediterraen Sea Bass table side (so cool)....

so check back for my review later....and pics...

Spent the day yesterday on the Main Line of Philly at our daughters. It was supposed to be a day at the Philly Zoo or Longwood Gardens, but the weather did not cooperate. Instead we went SHOPPING...not bad....and started getting things for Christmas. Then had a delicious homecooked dinner starting with a glass of shiraz w crackers w blue cheese and goat cheese. Then moist crock pot chicken, real mashed potatoes, fresh cauliflower and homemade blueberry pie (My addition)!

The best was playing Chutes and Ladders and Candy Land w the grandkids! Little M said can Gigi come every night?...awww,too cute... also my darling hubby babysat the 2 younger while we went shopping...(Yes, he is a saint!)

Well if it's raining where you are, make the best...read a good book, rent a movie, make something yummy...(I must blog about my diet later@#$$)

I wonder if the Apple Fest in Upper Twp is cancelled on Sunday due to the rain?...I'll report back. Best homemade apple pies....ever....

Have a good weekend...Count your blessings...Jennifer

Coming Attractions...Pics of me w Rachael Ray, and shots of Giadda & Paula Deen in AC...
Ciao...Jennifer aka Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment